11.16.2010

I don't have to be happy all the time... right?

I was sitting here thinking about creating a new post.  I love writing and it makes me feel better if I'm having an off day... Today is one of those days...I don't feel particularly happy or sad... just kind of blah.  I thought "well, I don't have anything uplifting to write about"... and there it was.  I should write about exactly that!  Warning...this will make little sense.
I like to think that I see the best in people.  The up side of things.  The glass half full...all the time.  That simply just does not happen.  I'm human... flawed in all my glory...it's kind of exhausting to be upbeat all the time isn't it?  I'm so intuitive that when someone is feeling down, or has something on their mind, I can sense it.  I find myself accommodating that person before I even think about myself.  Then I wonder why I'm in a bad mood.  Turns out, it wasn't my mood to start with!  Super!
Have you ever been having a superb day, and then someone crosses your path and totally shuts it down?  What is wrong with people that when you ask them how they are they say something negative?  Maybe they are just being honest.  I mean, we did ask them....and they are just answering, right?
When we say "how are you?" do we really want to know?  I think that phrase is so over used.  There are times that I really mean it, and I DO want to know.  Then there are the times that I'm just making conversation, and I'm looking for "great and you?"... I'd even settle for "okay..."  
The word "love" is the only word I can think of that is more overused than that.  Everyone loves everything.  I love that color.  I love your sweater.  I love shoes. Then we wonder why we don't believe it when someone says "I love you".  Maybe because they just said... oh I don't know...let's say they said they "love cheese" and then they say they "love you" and you wonder if you are higher quality than cheese?  Maybe you are equal to cheese?  Better than cheddar?  Less than Swiss?
Today I will ponder exactly what kind of cheese I am.  What sandwich do I belong in?  Who is my bread and what kind?  The lettuce?  Who makes up the exact amount of mayo and mustard mixed together?  And please slice it diagonal, that is the only proper way....
*Sigh*...welcome to my world...chew on that.


Much "cheese" my lovelies~


T♥

No comments:

Post a Comment